The College of Europe (College) and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) are committed to protect your privacy. This privacy notice explains why we collect your personal data, which information we have access to, how we collect and disclose the data, and how we protect your data. You will also find information on how to exercise your data subject’s rights.
1. Why do we collect your personal data?
We collect your personal data to organise the yearly edition of the Bruges Colloquium, namely:
- To allow you to register as a participant;
- To allow you to contact us;
- To prepare entrance permissions and access control;
- To be invited to the next edition of the Bruges Colloqium;
- To analyse web statistics and log files;
- To compute anonymous statistics.
Your personal data is not used in automatic profiling or decision-making.
2. What personal data do we collect and how?
2.1. Information you give us:
We will obtain personal information from you, when you register on the website. We will ask you to provide your full name, email address, position/title, company/organisation and dietary requirements*.
(*) We will only process special categories of personal information about your dietary requirements in order to cater for your needs and to meet any other legal or regulatory obligations we may have.
2.2. Pictures taken during the event:
We take pictures of the participants during the Bruges Colloquium and for the whole duration of it. The pictures are published on our website.
You will be given the opportunity to object to being photographed during the Bruges Colloquium.
2.3. Audio recording:
We will record the presentations and the ensuing discussions during the whole Colloquium, for the exclusive purpose of drafting the proceedings.
2.4. Information we collect automatically:
You can control cookies through the browser settings. Consult the help function or the instructions of your internet browser for more information. You can also refuse to accept cookies but the access to the website may be limited or not function properly.
2.5. Links to third party websites:
Our website provides links to social widgets, such as Twitter. The latter may not have the same privacy policies as ours. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of any site you visit.
3. Who processes your personal data and to whom is it disclosed?
All personal data collected are internally processed only by designated College and ICRC staff members or agents, for the purposes of organising the Bruges Colloquium.
- We disclose your name and company/organization to a printing company -Lammaing.com - to whom we outsource the printing of the proceedings of the Bruges Colloquium.
- Our website is hosted by all2all. all2all protects the confidentiality of users’ data and the network will not communicate any personal information about users or its services, with the exception of research that might take place to ensure unpaid debt or Belgian search warrants.
- We may publish some of the pictures taken during the Bruges Colloquium on the Twitter accounts of the ICRC and/or the College.
- We may disclose your data to third parties when we are legally obliged to comply with statutory obligations, such as court orders or to cooperate with authorities as the police.
We will never sell your personal information.
4. How do we protect and safeguard your information?
We take appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up-to-date. We have, for example, measures in place to protect against accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, destruction, or disclosure of data.
Our servers are located in the Brussels area.
5. How long do we keep your data?
We will keep your data for one (1) year after the end of the yearly Bruges Colloquium, with the exception of:
- Pictures published on the website, which are kept for as long as necessary to promote and keep memory of the Bruges Colloquium annual editions.
- Your name and company/organization will be published in the proceedings of the Bruges Colloquium.
6. How can you verify, modify or delete your personal data?
- You may ask us to provide you with an overview of your personal data held by us.
- You may ask us to consult, rectify, restrict and/or delete your personal data.
- To exercise your rights you may contact us –the College and the ICRC are joint controllers- either in writing or by e-mail :
College of Europe - Bruges Campus
Dijver 11, 8000 Bruges
ICRC Delegation to the EU, NATO and Kingdom of Belgium
To the attention of the Chancellery
Rue Guimard 7, 1040 Brussels
7. Changes to our policy
Current update: 31/08/2018